The drive from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon takes a couple of hours. To be specific: the distance from downtown Las Vegas to the South Rim Terminal is 440 kilometers. So, it’s not surprising that many people wonder if a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas is an option!
The answer is simple: Yes, it is! The Las Vegas Terminal is situated only a couple of hundred meters away from the Las Vegas Strip (see the address here). Papillon Helicopters, the largest sightseeing company of the Grand Canyon, offers all sorts of beautiful flights to the Grand Canyon that start from the Las Vegas Terminal.
See gorgeous images of a helicopter flight over the Las Vegas Strip including a transfer from your hotel with a limousine in the video below. Good to know; this is the Strip Highlights Tour with Limo Transfers that doesn’t fly to the Grand Canyon but stays above the Las Vegas Strip. Nevertheless, it’s quite an impressive sight.
Most affordable Grand Canyon helicopter flight from Las Vegas
The most affordable helicopter flight you can book that takes you from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon is the Golden Eagle Air Tour. The tour takes about 3.5 to 4 hours, and at the moment we are writing this, the tour costs 239 dollars. For kids aged 2 to 11, the tour costs 20 dollars less. Note; the prices Papillon mentions are minimum prices, these can differ per day and even per hour of the day.
Helicopter flight from Las Vegas including a landing
Would you, despite your short visit to the area, really like to experience the area? Then book a helicopter flight with a landing. Although a flight is very special and impressive; from the air it all stays a bit abstract, but if the helicopter lands at the bottom, you can feel, smell and see the extraordinary nature.
Papillon offers a number of beautiful helicopter flights from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, including a landing.
Sorted on price, from low to high, these are the following tours:
- Golden Eagle Air Tour: Starting from 239 dollars per person / 3.5 to 4-hour tour.
- Golden Eagle with Vegas Strip: Starting from 299 dollar / 3 to 3.5-hour tour / Including a transfer from your hotel (and back) with a limousine / flight over the Las Vegas Strip.
- Grand Celebration Tour: Starting from 344 dollars per person / 4 to 4.5-hour tour / including a champagne picnic.
- Grand Celebration Sunset Tour: Starting from 374 dollars per person / 4 to 4.5-hour tour / including a champagne picnic / Departure at sunset.
- VIP Skywalk Express: Starting from 409 dollars per person / 5 to 5.5-hour tour / Including a transfer from your hotel (and back) with a limousine and a visit to the Grand Canyon Skywalk.
Helicopter flight including a landing at the bottom of the Grand Canyon:
Would you like to experience more adventure than just a flight?
No problem! Papillon also offers helicopter flights from Las Vegas including a boat trip, rafting or a trip with a jeep or quad. An overview with some of the options:
- Grand Celebration with Black Canyon River Raft: Helicopter flight including 17 kilometers of rafting over the Colorado River! (starting from 469 dollar p.p.)
- Grand Celebration and Eldorado Canyon: Helicopter flight including a visit to the Techatticup Gold Mine and an excursion through the Grand Canyon with a vehicle of your choice (Quad, Baja Jeep, Kayak/Paddleboard). (starting from 469 dollar p.p.)
Airplane tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon
Of course, that’s not all. Annually, Papillon flies hundreds of thousands of tourists, so there is something for every taste. Would you rather fly over the Grand Canyon in an airplane (or both: an airplane and a helicopter)? Then check out one of the tours below:
- Indian Country Adventure: Starting from 224 dollars per person. The flight to the Grand Canyon takes about 35 minutes. Once you’ve arrived, you have all the time to explore the Grand Canyon; the complete tour takes 7 hours.
- Grand Canyon Connoisseur: Starting from 294 dollars per person. The flight to the Grand Canyon takes about 65 minutes. Access to the Grand Canyon National Park is included, here you’ll have all the time in the world to go on an exploration spree. In total, the tour takes about 9.5 hours.
- Grand Voyager: Starting from 384 dollars per person / With an airplane and helicopter over the Grand Canyon / Including a boat trip over the Colorado river. A visit to the Grand Canyon Skywalk is optional and can be booked for an additional 25 dollars.
Decisions, decisions! Which tour should I book?
The offer of helicopter tours is so huge, you almost get lost in all the options. The good news: it’s almost impossible to make a wrong choice, all tours are very cool and impressive in their own way. There is a beautiful tour available for pretty much every budget and feeling for adventure. Hopefully this article gives you a great overview of the many options with Las Vegas as departure location!